Barrier Free Washroom
We supply and install barrier-free washrooms as per oBC Requirements that accommodate people with disabilities or injuries to create a better society.
What Are Barrier Free Washrooms?
Barrier-free washrooms are enclosed toilets that avoid restrictions and give turning space to accommodate a wheeled mobility device. A barrier-free washroom offers privacy and dignity to people with a disability including the ones who require assistance. Not only for the disabled, but it is also suitable for families with small children because they can take care of their kids at once in a larger washroom. If your business is in Ontario, you should comply with AODA and follow the new guidelines. Barrier-free toilets have to be included for every three floors and one universal washroom in all single-storey buildings. Other provinces like British Columbia, are also working towards for improving accessibility and inclusiveness. A barrier-free washroom will be a necessity in the future.
Composition Of Barrier-free washroom
- Grab Bars – That enables users to fold up or down
- Automatic Door Hardware – That allows the user to open the door, enter the bathroom and allow the door to close behind them
- An Emergency Button – To ask for help or assistance
Install Barrier Free Washroom In Canada
We supply and install barrier-free washrooms that accommodate people with disabilities or injuries to create a better society.
Up till 2022, there are more than 6.2 million people who have at least one disability in Canada. To create an all-inclusive and accessible country, different provinces including Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia have given out accessible design building codes requirements (OBC) for newly constructed buildings to follow. For Ontario, it is required that the barrier-free washroom should be included in every building by 2025 according to The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Why do we need a barrier-free or universal toilet?
Ontario’s Building Code (OBC) addresses new construction, renovations, and change of use or demolition of a building. The Building Code has been in place since 1975 and sets minimum standards for construction in Ontario. These requirements have been effective from January 1, 2015 and have been applied only to new construction or extensive renovations.
The Building Code already requires barrier‐free washrooms to be provided in public areas of buildings where barrier-free requirements apply. Updated requirements are intended to enhance accessibility and reflect new research on the dimensions needed to accommodate people with disabilities.
Advantages of Barrier-free washroom
- Prevent the spread of viruses: With the automatic door hardware, users do not need to manually open and close the door. The touchless button can help reduce the spread of germs by reducing indirect contact.
- Create an inclusive environment: We provide barrier-free toilets that accommodate everyone without restrictions and boundaries. Whether your employees or customers can have a comfortable environment.
- Provide comprehensive emergency support: The emergency systems help alert people outside the bathroom and people in need can get assistance immediately.
Difference Between Barrier Free and Universal Washrooms
Barrier Free washrooms have more than one toilet stool while Universal Washrooom is equipped with just one stool. Here are the major difference between the two terms.
Barrier Free Washroom
- A washroom that is equipped for more than one stool.
- There is no barrier like doors to enter the washroom.
- These washrooms can be used by more than one person at a time.
- They can be gender-neutral or gender-specific washrooms.
- Usually set up in malls, restaurants, metro stations and other public places
- It comprises 1 stool, an emergency button and a sink.
- An emergency button that can allow people to enter in case of emergency
- Usually only one person is permitted at a time, but it is available for family access and people who need care or are disabled.
- They usually are not gender specific.
A Barrier-Free Canada
code Compliance by Government
If you own a business in Ontario, you should comply with AODA and follow the new guidelines. Barrier-free toilets have to be included for every three floors and one universal washroom in all single-storey buildings. Other provinces like British Columbia, are also working towards for improving accessibility and inclusiveness. A barrier-free washroom will be a necessity in the future.
Our Specialties - Install and Supply Across canada
Security systems for retail stores acts as an asset across Canada. We specialize in major security system solutions with advanced technology across Ontario.
Access Control System
Integrate and Control who gets access to the restricted areas with our advanced access control options
A universal washroom is an enclosed space with a barrier free toilet and sink.
We provide all the necessary resources for the best locksmith services for your business or residential buildings.
We supply and install AODA compliant automatic doors with many options to choose from, including touchless solutions for high traffic areas.
Surveillance Cameras are a great way to keep an eye on your property when you are not around. Whether it be commercial, industrial, or private property.
Safes and Vaults
Get your cash and valuables secured automatically from one of the best fireproof safe and vaults installers and suppliers in Ontario, UTS Group.
Intercom systems help in transmitting and receiving audio and/or video transmissions to help you know better, who you’re granting access to into your property.
We install a variety of adhesive security window films like frosted window film, opaque window film, privacy window film, and many more.
Install Barrier gates that offers touchless entry and exit, specifically for human traffic
Other Industries We Serve
Sectors that need advanced integrated and automated security solutions. A stepping stone to keeping Canadian business and commercial properties more secured and protecting against unseen damages and threats.
Areas we cover
Commercial and government property can have highly advanced security systems, access control systems, automatic doors, key fobs, intercoms, surveillance cameras, and much more to keep their properties safe and secure. We serve across Ontario, Montreal, Vancouver. We are widely known for our range of products, services that we provide with extreme client satisfaction.
Best Security Solutions Across Canada
UTS Group is unique for its security consultation, installations and designing services in different locations. We are one of the leading all inclusive security services company in Canada. We take pride in being available with our services in provinces like Ontario, British Columbia & Montreal .Select Your Location