Home and Vehicle Modification Program
The March of Dimes Canada Home and Vehicle Modification Program enables Ontarians of all ages with mobility-restricting disabilities to successfully age in place by enabling them to stay in their homes. With the grant provided by the Ontario Government Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility, disabled individuals can modify their homes and cars according to their specific needs. UTS Group not only safeguards your security but also supports social inclusion. Therefore, we would like to share useful information with people in need.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a permanent resident of Ontario
- Be in financial need (have a combined household income of less than $60,000)
- Have a permanent ongoing or recurring disability that limits mobility and results in significant limitations in daily activities (eating, bathing, toileting, transferring, and mobility)and/or getting in and out of your home to access essential medical care or community services.
aims & Objectives of the Home and Vehicle Modification Program
- Reduce or eliminate life safety threat
- Prevent patients from being hospitalized or institutionalized
- Allow patients to leave the hospital or other facility
- Avoid loss of employment and income
- Allow a caregiver to meet the responsibilities of caring for a disabled dependent.
- To encourage both children and adults to take part in developmental or community activities.
Benefits that apply
If eligible, you may apply for:
Up to $15,000 lifetime maximum for home modifications, adaptions and devices
Up to $15,000 for vehicle modifications every 10 years
Applicants (and their spouses, life partners, or guardians, if applicable) with an annual income of more than $35,000 are required to contribute toward the cost of the modifications, adaptions, and devices.