Ministry For Seniors and Accessibility
The Government of Ontario includes 29 ministries, agencies and Crown corporations. Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility is one of the ministry funded and under the Government of Ontario.
Objectives of the Ministry
There are many government aids that are allowed to provide funds to seniors and for inaccessible. One of them is Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility. They help seniors and people with disabilities stay independent, active, and connect socially. We are also helping seniors stay safe and make Ontario more accessible for everyone and promoting the benefits of age-diverse, accessible workplaces and communities where everyone is able to participate.
- Embed accessibility into government policies, programs and services
- Support the development of educational tools and resources on accessibility
- Oversee the compliance with, and enforcement of, accessibility laws
- Help create and update accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Promote employment for people with disabilities by engaging employers, disability organizations, service providers, not-for-profit organizations and educational providers
- Provide seniors with information on programs and services, healthy lifestyles and aging
- Recognize and promote seniors’ contributions to communities
- Encourage greater social inclusion and volunteerism among seniors
- Support and recognize age-friendly communities across the province
- Oversee the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA)
Grants by Ministry for Seniors and accessibility
They offers a range of grants to support non-profit organizations.
Seniors Community Grants, ranging from $1,000 up to $25,000, help community organizations’ ability to provide opportunities for greater social inclusion, volunteerism and community engagement for older adults, from the safety of their homes or other safe environments.