Norton/Assa Abloy 7700PT Power Track®
The Power Track® Series combines the function of a single-point electromechanical door holder with the proven reliability of a standard 7700 Series door closer. The track assembly contains an arm slide and solenoid operated hold open mechanism and is available with or without an integral smoke detector. Shipped with a track only, the closer is mounted on the door; the track and hook-up box are mounted to the frame face or frame soffit depending on the installation requirements. The degree of door hold open is selected by adjustment of the telescoping arm. Any power interruption will release the arm slide and the door will close. The door can be manually released at any time.
Closers for ______ doors shall be electromechanical closer holder. Hold open to be achieved by electric solenoid locking of closer arm slide in its track. Track, arm, slide (and) solenoid (and integral smoke detector) to be contained in a single aluminum extrusion 1-1/2″ (38mm) high, 1-1/2″ (38mm) deep. Closer shall be door mounted. Track and hold open mechanism shall be surface mounted to the frame face for application on the pull side of the door and frame soffit mounted for application on the push side of the door. Single point hold open shall be selective through a range of 85° to 110°. Hold open point to be achieved by adjustment of a telescoping closer arm. Closer shall be hydraulic with full rack and pinion enclosed in a cast aluminum alloy shell. Hydraulic fluid shall be non-gumming and non-freezing. Closer shall have two non-critical valves to independently regulate sweep speed and latch speed. It shall have an adjustable backcheck cushioning valve and an adjustable backcheck positioning valve. All valves shall be adjustable with a hex-key. (Closer shall have spring power adjustment to permit 50% increase in closing power.) Closer to be enclosed in a molded full cover. (Master units to have an integral smoke detector with photoelectric chamber. Master units integral smoke detector shall have latching alarm and reset switch.) (Support units to be controlled by U.L. Listed Smoke Detection Equipment.) Units to be fail safe and close the door during an interruption to the electrical power. The hold open solenoid coil shall have a maximum amperage draw of (.090 Amps at 24 volts) (.018 Amps at 120 volts). Unit shall have a switch to permit testing of the releasing device function without alarming the system. All wiring connections shall be made without the need of wire nuts or soldering. Master unit(s) shall require a (24VAC/DC)(120VAC, 60Hz) power input. Support unit(s) shall require a (24VAC/DC) (120, 60Hz) power input. Supplier to coordinate electrical requirements with electrical and alarm system engineers. Wiring (and conduit) by others. Electromechanical Closer-Holder to be Norton® Power Track® [(P)7700(PTO) (PTDO)].
Black Suede Powder Coat
White Suede Powder Coat
- Selective single-point, electromechanical closer/holder
- Track mounting; push or pull side installation
- Non-handed (except “DE” Double Egress arms)
- 24VAC/DC or 120VAC voltage
- Spring size 5
- Master (PTDO) or Support (PTO) units
- Spring cushioned dead stop
Smoke Detector Features
- Photoelectric Sensing – detector employs a photoelectric chamber to substantially reduce the probability of false alarms.
- Fire/Smoke Control Circuit – interprets the alarm signal from the detector and provides switching contacts to interrupt power to the hold open solenoid and divert it to activate optional audio/visual alarms.
- Alarm (Relay) Contacts – normally open in standby condition (energized, non-alarm state). These contacts close during an alarm condition (smoke detected) and switch power from the solenoid to an optional local alarm.
- Trouble (Relay) Contacts – normally closed in standby condition, these supervisory contacts monitor the continuity of power within the detector circuit. Any power interruption within the detector circuit will open these contacts. They can then be used to simultaneously indicate a trouble condition to the alarm panel on a separate trouble circuit.
- Quick Disconnect Modules – each component, solenoid coil, detector and control feature quick disconnect wiring for easy servicing and replacement.
- Locked-In Alarm – when a unit alarms, it must be manually reset. This can be accomplished by remote control from the alarm console or by the reset button in the smoke detector. Reset button is accessible through the center louver in the underside of the track. Reset by rotating LED chamber using small flat blade screwdriver.
- Indicator Lights: Normal Mode: red LED flashes once every eight (8) seconds, Clean Mode: red LED flashes once every second, Alarm Mode: red LED illuminates continuously.
Functions – Master Unit
- Unit comprised of integral smoke detector and solenoid hold open mechanism in the slide track, a hook-up box and door closer.
- Can be used to control a single door or a pair of doors in conjunction with a 24VDC Support Unit.
- Suffix “PTDO” to model number
Functions – Support Unit
- Unit is comprised of a solenoid hold open mechanism in the slide track, hook-up box and a door closer.
- Units can be installed on a single door or a pair of doors when controlled by compatible UL listed detection equipment such as area ceiling detectors, pull stations, and remote alarm panels.
- A 24VDC Support Unit can also serve as a slave unit when used on the inactive leaf of a pair of doors. The active leaf of the pair of doors must be controlled by a Master Unit.
- Suffix “PTO” to model number
- Patient rooms
- Conference/meeeting rooms
- Executive offices
- Government offices
- Maintenance areas
- Material storage rooms
Electrical Data – “PTDO” Master Units
- Two components require electrical power:
– Integral smoke detector requires 24VDC input power
– Hold open solenoid requires 24VDC input
- Hook-up box receives primary voltage input and distributes it to the smoke detector and hold open solenoid(s).
- Available with two voltage options:
– PTDO-24 suffix – accepts 24VAC or 24VDC power input. A rectifier in the hook-up box will rectify alternating current to direct current for operation of both the smoke detector and hold open solenoid(s).
– PTDO-120 suffix – accepts 120VAC power input. A 120VAC to 24VAC transformer in the hook-up box steps the input voltage down to 24VAC. It is then rectified to 24VDC for operation of both the smoke detector and the 24VDC hold open solenoid(s).
Electrical Data – “PTO” Support Units
- Hold open solenoid requires electrical power.
- Solenoid controlled by smoke detection equipment (ceiling detectors) or remote alarm panels.
- Available for operation on 24VAC/DC or 120VAC, 60Hz.
- Hold open solenoid operates on direct current.
- Contains built-in rectifier that converts alternating current to direct current.
ANSI/BHMA A156.15 certified
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories for labeled fire doors
Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
California State Fire Marshal Listings: 03550-0944:101, 03550-0944:102
2-year limited warranty.
Norton/Assa Abloy 7700PT Power Track®