Norton/Assa Abloy 7100SZ Series SafeZone
Designed with safety in mind, SafeZone® takes door closers to the next level. SafeZone uses a multi-point, electromechanical closer and a programmable motion sensor. When the door is opened manually, SafeZone senses movement in the door opening and stops the door from closing. When movement is no longer detected, the adjustable setting times out and the door closes.
SafeZone detects movement in both directions, allowing one person or a stream of people to travel through an opening, making it ideal for theaters, hospitals, doctor’s offices and elementary schools.
Manufacturer: Door closers for both interior and exterior openings are to be the product of a single source manufacturer.
Electromechanical closer units to be a multi-point, closer/holder type with selective hold open positioning achieved by electronic solenoid locking of closer arm slide into the track assembly. Closer/holder units to have a maximum opening of 180° (hold open to 175°) and are fail safe to close the door in the event of electrical power interruption.
SafeZone Detection: Closer/holders units to have an integral sensor device monitoring a “zone of safety” at the door opening. SafeZone detection prevents the door from closing in the event of movement within the adjustable sensing field. Movement is detectable in both directions with selectable closer hold open time and sensor sensitivity. Mechanical closer to be hydraulic type with full rack and pinion construction enclosed in a cast aluminum alloy shell. Internal hydraulic fluid is to be non-gumming and non-freezing. Include two non-critical valves to independently regulate sweep and latching speeds and an adjustable backcheck cushioning valve. All valves are adjustable by hex key. Provide spring power adjustment permitting a 50% increase in closing power over the minimum closing force for any closer size.
Mounting: Closer units can be surface mounted to the frame face for application on the pull (hinge side) side of door, or soffit mounted on the push side of the door frame with projection of no more than 2-5/8″ (67mm) from the frame face. Frame face must be a minimum 2″ and ceiling clearance a minimum of 4″. Door must be hung on either butt hinges or 3/4″ offset pivot hinges, minimum 1-3/4″ to 2-1/4″ thickness.
Installation: Provide optional handheld remote device for programming SafeZone sensor settings. Auxiliary door stops are recommended at closer/holder openings and required at doors opening beyond 110°. Interior installation only.
Power: Closer units operate on (120VAC, 60Hz) or (24VDC) with an amperage draw not exceeding (.086 Amps for 24VAC/DC) (.051 Amps for 120VAC). Supplier to coordinate electrical requirements with electrical and alarm system engineers. Field wiring (and conduit) by others.
Electromechanical SafeZone Closer/Holder to be Norton® 7100SZ Series.
Black Suede Powder Coat
White Suede Powder Coat
- Multi-point, electromechanical closer/holder
- Sensor detects movement in both directions
- Selectable hold open time and sensitivity
- Push or pull side mounting
- Handed units
- Spring sizes 3, 4 or 5 (models 7110SZ and 7150SZ); spring sizes 2, 3, 4 or 5 (models 7120SZ and 7130SZ)
- Fail safe operation
- Optional dual sensor (specify DZ when ordering)
- Optional selective hold open (specify S when ordering)
- Anyone can travel through the opening at their own speed without fear of being struck by the door.
- Extends the life of the opening by limiting unnecessary cycles. Door remains open as long as movement is detected.
- Reduces damage to doors and frames by carts, equipment, wheelchairs or gurneys.
- Reduces the likelihood doors will be propped open providing
– Energy savings
– Fire code compliance
– Increased security
- Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- K-12 Schools and Universities
- Places of Worship
- Labs and Research Facilities
- Any opening where safe passage is crucial
- Input Power: 120VAC or 24VDC
- Current Draw: 120V = .035, 24V = .070
- The following models comply with ANSI/BHMA A117.1 ADA guidelines: 7122SZ, 7132SZ, 7113SZ, 7153SZ
- Certified to meet ANSI/BHMA A156.15 Release Devices
- 2-year limited warranty
- Electromechanical Closer/Holders are listed by Underwriters Laboratories for labeled fire doors
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility