- Access Control System
- Intercom System
- Automatic Doors
- Hollow Metal Doors
- Aluminum & Glass Doors
- Fire Rated Door
- Security Camera
- Safes, Lockers and Vaults
- Security Film
- Universal Washroom
- Factories & Warehouses
- Retail & Commercial Stores
- Daycare Centers
- Hotels & Resorts
- Airport & Aviation
- Park & Entertainment
- Apartments & Condominiums
- Houses of Worship
- Educational Institutions
- Military & Police
- Government Buildings
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Banking & Finance
- Cannabis Stores/ Dispensaries
- Business & Enterprise
- Pubs and Restaurants
- Gym & Fitness Centers
- Construction Sites
Norton/Assa Abloy 5800 Series ADAEZ Low Energy Operator
As one of the world’s only regenerative power door operators, Norton’s ADAEZ Series is certified by GreenCircle to reduce energy consumption by as much as 100 percent versus other comparable operators. Available in wireless and plug-in versions and able to fit in the tightest of spaces, the 5800 ADAEZ is simple to install and use.
How It Works
How does the 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO work without electrical power?
The 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO is an extreme duty, low energy door opener designed for moderate to high traffic manual opening applications that occasionally requires powered operation. A regenerative drive system charges an onboard battery pack eliminating the need for electrical power.
The 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO should be applied to doors using our 80/25 guideline. Apply 5800 Series ADAEZ PRO to a door that gets approximately 80 manual cycles or more per day and is used 25% or less automatically.
When applied using the 80/25 guideline the this operator will self-generate all the power it needs to keep its field replaceable, onboard, battery pack charged for up to 12 years and in some cases longer.
A fully charged battery has the capability to open a door up to 2000 times in a row, generously allowing for periodic fluctuations from 80/25 guidelines with little impact on the product’s overall usability. Example: 30% automatic use for one day is not a problem, as long as that level of automatic use is not sustained.
The 5800 ADAEZ PRO can be used outside of the 80/25 parameters. Simply plug the unit into a common 110 VAC electrical outlet using our ADA1015P Hardwire Kit option. The Hardwire Kit is a low voltage plug in transformer and can be added to existing installed field units.
Automatic Door Opener
- Provide low energy automatic door operator complying with requirements of ANSI A156.19.
- Provide an operator with adjustable opening and closing forces that meet the provisions of ANSI 117.1 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provide an operator with a regenerative drive system which charges the on-board battery pack when unit is operated manually and which requires no external electrical power.
- Provide an operator that can connect to ANY 24VDC power supply to keep an on-board battery pack fully charged eliminating the need for manual traffic charging. When used with 24VDC inoput the operator shall supply up to 2000 automatic operations upon loss of building power.
- Provide an operator which has been verified by GreenCircle to offer these energy savings as compared to similar products:
- 5800 Series ADAEZ® (plug-in) – 91% efficiency
- 5800 Series ADAEZ® (wireless) – 100% efficiency
- Provide an operator which, upon installation, will determine door size and weight and automatically tune controller to operate within ANSI A156.19 and 117.1 standards. Operator shall also have the following adjustable functions:
- Opening/closing speed
- Hold-open time
- Close check
- Opening/closing force
- Provide operator with on-board diagnostics which will continually maintain control of door speed in wind or abusive environment condition.
- Provide operator that will continue closing door within ANSI A156.19 and 117.1 requirements without any external power supplied. Upon meeting an obstruction during the opening cycle the door shall remain under power for one second and then close under spring force; if the door meets and obstruction will closing, the door will maintain a closing force of 8 lbs or less.
- Provide unit capable of operating doors up to 48” wide, weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Provide unit that will operate in climates with temperatures above -40° F and has a two year warranty.
- Provide operator with two stainless steel, 1-3/4” x 4-3/4” wireless, jamb mounted, push button transmitters with required signage. Locate push buttons as directed by architect and within ANSI A156.19 and 117.1 guidelines.
- Provide operator which utilizes a triangular hardened steel output shaft to connect arm with a two piece tapered coupling for superior slip resistance.
- Provide operator and push button transmitter with circuit boards that have been specially coated to resist moisture and humidity making the electronics weather resistant.
- Provide operator with integral heavy duty cast aluminum shock absorbing arm, which when fully extended is in full tension eliminating the need for an auxiliary door stop.
- Provide operator with two architecturally finished covers and black powder coated frame, arms and mounting brackets.
- Black (BHMA 693T)
- Aluminum (BHMA 689)
- Provide an operator incorporating “Push and Go” feature to allow door movement to activate door open cycle or recycle door (PRO PLUS only).
Provide an operator incorporating “Power Close” feature to utilize the motor to close a door help open by wind, stack pressure or latchbolt (PRO PLUS only).
- Mounts on door
- No voltage / low voltage power to opening
- Includes stainless steel, weatherized RF push buttons
- Patented Auto-Tune ensures safety & compliance
- Push and pull side mounting
- Adjustable open/closing force
- Controls doors up to 48” wide & 250 lbs
- Functions like ordinary door closer when used manually
- Grade 1 – heavy-duty, commercial design
- Protection from high-wind & abusive environments
- Built-in battery backup allows use during power failure
- Brushless DC motor/gearbox tested 10+ million cycles
- Power Close ensures consistent door latching
- Regenerative drive or continuous duty operation
- 95° max. door opening
- Push and pull side mounting
- Push-and-Go (ADA1015P Kit must be connected)
- Power Close (ADA1015P Kit must be connected)
- Radio Frequency stainless steel push buttons
- Integral RF receiver
- Shock absorbing arm
- 693T (black) and 689 (aluminum) covers
- 24 VDC input port
- ADA1015P hardware kit
- Built-in ON/OFF Switch
- Auxiliary activation input port
- Maximum door width – 48″
- Maximum door weight – 250 lbs
- Patented Auto-Tune feature ensures safety and compliance with A156.19 code
- ANSI/BHMA A156.19 certified
- ETL tested to UL / cUL standard for automatic doors on fire & smoke barrier doors
- Complies with requirements for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- UL10c 90-minute positive pressure fire rating
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified facility
- Verified by GreenCircle to offer these energy savings as compared to similar products: