The HID DigitalPersona software offers a new way to provide authentication services to users. Whereas traditional 2FA/MFA solutions are stuck on “what you have/what you know”, DigitalPersona leverages an array of easily deployable authentication methods so users can quickly and easily gain access to their cloud applications, such as Microsoft 365, VPNs, corporate networks, Windows desktops, Citrix applications and more. Balancing security and usability, the solution employs one of the widest arrays of authentication factors in the industry. This includes one-time passwords, mobile-based push, smartcards, USB keys, risk- and context-based methods, and biometrics, such as fingerprint, face, and behavioral keystroke.
The HID DigitalPersona software:
- Deploys on Windows Active Directory or LDS server
- Allows for app integration using SAML protocol
- Has a user-friendly interface for easy self-enrollment of credentials and authentication policy enforcement
- Provides a browser-based SSO Portal for accessing SAML-enabled apps
- Offers an optional Password Manager feature to randomize and auto-fill passwords in authentication fields
- Supports industry standards such as FIDO U2F and FIDO2 authenticators, such as Yubikey® and the HID Crescendo C2300 card and Crescendo key.
The DigitalPersona range of authentication factors includes:
- Know: Windows password, PIN, recovery questions
- Have: OTP, contactless cards (HID iCLASS memory cards, MIFARE Classic 1k, 4k and mini memory cards) and Seos, smart cards (PKCS11 and CSP-compatible), proximity cards (HID 125 kHz), and Bluetooth devices. Tokens. FIDO U2F Key, Apple Watch, FIDO2 e.g. HID Crescendo Key and C2300 card
- Are: Fingerprint, Face authentication, Lumidigm® readers
- Do: Keystroke Biometric
- Where: IP address, Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)
- When: Time frame
DigitalPersona is now part of HID ActivOne, providing the industry’s only complete end-to-end multi-factor credential management solution.