Gallagher HBUS Modules and I/O Devices
Features and Benefits
- High speed communication – the HBUS communication protocol is based on the RS485 standard, delivering high speed communication between each HBUS I/O Device and the Gallagher Controller 6000 at a rate of 1Mb/s over a distance of up to 500m (1640 ft.).
- Automated device software upgrades – HBUS I/O Device software is automatically available with Controller 6000 software upgrades, meaning no operator intervention is required.
- Tamper protection – IT-grade authentication and encryption prevents data tampering and further enhances the security of your system.
- Unique identities for all field devices – ensures compromised devices cannot be added to the system.
- Variable end-of-line resistance – allows Gallagher HBUS devices to be easily installed using a site’s existing security wiring.
Gallagher 8H and 4H modules support star wiring of secure high-speed HBUS devices including T Series Readers and the F22 Fence Controller to a secure Gallagher Cabinet. Star wiring HBUS devices to a controller cabinet removes the risk of one faulty connection taking down multiple devices, and enables easier fault isolation. I/O connectivity is also provided for door and equipment monitoring.Gallagher HBUS Modules are:
- 8H Module provides 8 HBUS ports, 24 balanced inputs and 8 relay outputs
- 4H Module provides 4 HBUS ports, 12 balanced inputs and 4 relay outputs.
HBUS I/O DevicesGallagher HBUS I/O Devices provide flexible, cost effective and secure input and output expansion options, and shared cabling with other HBUS devices. The Gallagher 8 In 2 Out Door Module:
- connects reader or terminal devices up to 400m (1312ft.) away allowing HBUS communications to be branched or 'T' Wired from HBUS cabling connected to the Controller 6000
- provides isolation between its upstream and downstream HBUS runs protecting other HBUS Devices connected to the same controller HBUS port
- provides connections for Gallagher's T Series Reader range.
- 16 In 16 Out Board
- 8 In 4 Out Board
- 8 In Board.
- access controlled doors
- passive Infrared detectors (PIRs)
- uncontrolled doors
- equipment alarms
- any other devices that provide a clean contact.
- door control
- alarm output for example activating sirens
- logic activated output for example switching air conditioning on and off
- time activated output for example switching lighting on and off.