The Canadian Federal Government offers the Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF) for automatic doors and accessible washrooms to improve accessibility for Canadians with disabilities. EAF (Enabling Accessibility Fund) provides funds for eligible capital projects that increase accessibility for people with disabilities in Canadian communities and workplaces. EAF (Enabling Accessibility Fund) aims to create more opportunities for the disabled to participate in community activities, programs and services or access employment opportunities.
Eligibility for Applying EAF (Enabling Accessibility Fund):
- Non-profit organizations incorporated in Ontario for at least one year.
- Fully compliant with Ontario’s accessibility Directorate request
- Small municipalities (population under 125000 as per most recent census data (2016)
- Indigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities
- Territorial Governments
- Businesses ( maximum 99 full-time equivalent employees)