THOMAS Timed Bypass Exit Alarm (DTEAX3500)
Timed bypass exit alarm.
The Detex EAX-3500 is designed for applications requiring a hard-wired, timed-bypass alarm with rechargeable backup battery. The 100dB alarm will sound when someone attempts an unauthorized exit. The EAX-3500 can be temporarily bypassed for deliveries and trash removal, but reminds manager to close and secure the door.
Shown with cylinder (mortise cylinder sold separately)
• Allows manager to temporarily bypass the alarm, but does not allow the alarm to be turned off
• Reminds manager to close and secure the door, minimizing door prop time
• Minimizing door prop time saves energy costs
• Minimizing door prop time reduces exposure to theft and threat of robbery
• Simple, on-the-cover instructions make operation easy
• LEDs illustrate armed status and bypass time, allowing quick easy reference
• Alarm demands attention even in noisy environments
• Tamper-resistant housing and circuits prevent dishonest employees from defeating alarm
• Mortise cylinder sold separately, allowing alarm to be keyed to existing master-key system, helping to maintain key control.
• Hard-wired low voltage power with rechargeable battery insures uninterrupted secure power feed
• Maximum allowable bypass time can be factory set or field adjusted to 5, 10, 20 or 40 minutes
• Bypass time is easily set using two simple slide jumpers, located inside secured enclosure
• 100dB alarm, powered by 12 to 24 VAC and rechargeable backup battery (included)
• Low battery alert
• Rechargeable backup battery provides 72-hours of operation
• Timed bypass allows alarm to remain bypassed for allotted minutes, automatically rearming upon door closing
• Accepts 5, 6 or 7-pin standard and interchangeable core mortise cylinders with a standard Yale cam
• Patented cam assembly automatically adjusts for different size/length cylinders without the use of additional spacers or cylinder collars
• Resetting the alarm can only be accomplished with a control key